Job Title: Support Worker
Hours: Full Time/ Part Time – O hour Contract
Reports To: Management
Location: ResiCare Alliance, 77 Headcorn Road, London CR7 6JS
Salary: £10 – £12 per hour (dependent on qualifications and experience)
ResiCare Alliance is an independent provider of secure, supported living for children, teens and young
adults. We are committed to achieving positive outcomes for
vulnerable children and their families where we see ourselves as mentors and role models as much as
professionally-qualified counsellors, educators and
care-givers. High quality practice and excellent management is at the centre of our work.
We are currently looking for a Family Support Worker Manager to join our team. The Family Support
Worker must have flexibility, honesty, good communication skills
and an open team player.
To provide intensive support (both practical and emotional) to young people living in the Project.
To act as a positive influence on clients encouraging responsible behaviour and self reliance
To support people in a way that maximises their self-sufficiency and enables them to live
independently in their own homes.
To act as a resource co-ordinator and advocate in order that clients can make informed choices about
how they live in the local community.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
• To provide a range of support, including emotional and practical support to clients, involving
assisting in developing social skills/behaviour management,
support in developing ‘appropriate’ interpersonal relationships and support in dealing with issues
regarding limit setting.
• To Learn about and be aware of clients’ individual early signs of distress and to actively respond
in a way that contains personal crisis.
• To regularly evaluate and review clients’ situations with the client, and other involved
• To work flexibly as required and to be available for on-call duties if necessary.
Liaison with Other Agencies
• To liaise with the referral agency to ensure that full information is given to enable a proper
assessment to be made of future clients.
• To advocate assertively to statutory and voluntary agencies to ensure that clients’ needs are met.
• To maintain good relationships with all involved professionals and agencies.
• If clients are moving into independent accommodation, to help make the transition and setting up of
their new home.
• To provide advice and help on future housing needs.
• To attend and participate in staff meetings, meetings with other professionals and in supervision
and training as required.
• To work with the Staff Team on the aims and the objectives of the service.
Please note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills,
efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the
job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the
right to revise the job or to require that other or
different tasks be performed as assigned.
Applicants must be willing to present to ResiCare Alliance the results of a prescribed Criminal
Records Bureau Disclosure. Failure to receive satisfactory
clearance through this Disclosure will prevent applicants from being offered the post.
• Minimum 2 year’s experience of working in a health, social care, probation, housing support or
similar setting with vulnerable clients.
• A relevant professional qualification is essential NVQ 3 in Care (Children and Young People) minimum
or equivalent or working towards this.
• The ability to be self servicing in the terms of computer/word processing is an essential
requirement of this post.
• Enjoys social interaction and the company of others, joins in local activities to encourage service-
• Approachable and open behaviour
• Prefers working as part of a group or team
• Has the ability to work independently and follow the lone working policy (H&S file)
• 21 days holiday + plus 8 days bank holiday per year.
• Weekend away on Company’s behalf as part of the appraisal process
• Opportunity to join an ‘Outstanding’ team
• Support to develop your own expertise
• Bonus Scheme
• Flexible working hours
• Internal progression opportunities
ResiCare Alliance is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality
Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very
seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual
orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment,
race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy
and maternity, trade union membership or
offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our
employees and applicants for employment shall not be
disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AVAILABLE ON REQUEST